Understanding what data is being used by your 340B vendor in order to make eligibility determinations is the foundation of a compliant 340B program. 340B vendors use varying data elements to determine patient, provider, pill and location eligibility.
As part of our mock audit, we will help you evaluate and answer the following questions related to data:
• Who is responsible for sending and maintaining certain data?
• What data are you sending to your 340B vendor?
• How often do you send this data?
• How long does it take your vendor to update data in the system once it has been sent?
• How is the data you’re providing being used to determine eligibility?
• What configurations and filters are being applied to the data?
• What’s the process for making a change to a filter or configuration?
We’ve developed a set of proprietary checklists to help ensure you have all the correct program elements in place necessary to remain compliant. These lists will guide you through key program elements and considerations that will be important in an audit, including everything from the handling of claims data to policies and procedures to staff education.